Pettit Environmental Inc. strives to maintain a safe, secure work environment and to comply with all State and Federal regulations at corporate facilities and at all client work sites. Accordingly, Pettit Environmental Inc. has established a comprehensive employee background screening process to enhance the performance of corporate employees and to ensure a safe, secure work environment. This process consists of the following checks and screening
- Motor Vehicle Record’s Check conducted by our corporate insurance company
- Federal Criminal, Nationwide Court Districts, and Extended Nationwide Multi-County Criminal Check conducted by e-Verifile* Required by the railroad industry and includes:
- Risk assessment, registration, and photo ID badging
- Investigation of 7-year address history
- Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol testing
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9)
- Fingerprinting and Background Check to comply with Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Airline Security Plan; i.e., TSA Regulation 1542.205(e) and 49 Code of Federal Regulations – 1544* Required by the airline industry
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential Program. Required by the U.S. Coast Guard
- Applicable to employees who require unescorted access to secure areas of commercial maritime transportation facilities.
- These employees complete a separate background check and fingerprinting to obtain a “Smart Card” required by the Transportation Security Administration.
View Health & Safety at Pettit